Ophthalmology (treatment of the eyes) is the branch of medicine dealing with diseases of the visual pathways, which include the eye, brain, and areas around the brain, such as the lacrimal system and eyelids.
Comprehensive ophthalmic care for children and adults
We provide our clients with a broad range of examinations:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic eye diseases
- Ensuring the treatment of patients diagnosed with cataracts
- Refraction exam, far vision and near vision, prescriptions for eyewear
- Detailed examination of the fundus
- Eye examination at the slit lamp and examination of the gonioscopy chamber angle of the eye
- Computerised visual field perimetry test
- Microbiological examination of conjunctival secretions
- Measurement of intraocular pressure
- Color vision examination
Ophthalmic care provided at a high standard
- Canadian Medical provides its clients with comprehensive ophthalmic care at a high professional level.
- A pleasant environment and professional approach founded on partnership and trust between doctor and patient awaits you at our clinic.
- We ensure short appointment times, we make appointments for specific times, and waiting time is minimal.
Friendly care of children’s eyesight
- Many of our clients are families with children, so we also have a children’s eye specialist at Canadian Medical who knows not only about problems relating to children’s eyesight, but also knows how to communicate well with children, which is vital when working with young patients.
- The clinic is also equipped with a Retinomax machine, which is able to diagnose eyesight defects in a completely unobtrusive way even in small babies with whom doctors are not able to fully cooperate
- What is also important is that you don’t wait for an appointment with us. This is especially important for children’s ophthalmology because some eyesight defects have to be resolved quickly, and so it’s not appropriate to wait several weeks or even several months for a medical examination.
A team of experienced ophthalmologists and follow-up care
- Our ophthalmology team is comprised of experienced doctors who are able to deal with even very specific eye problems.
- In the case of more demanding examinations and eye operations, we work together with several renown eye clinics and with university centres.