Internal medicine (general medicine) is one of the basic disciplines of clinical medicine. It focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of internal organ diseases in adults (children that suffer from internal diseases are treated by pediatricians).
A general practitioner focuses on prevention and provides primary assistance while being able to offer a wide spectrum of care on a basic level. On the other hand, an internist is a doctor of second contact, i.e. a patient arrives to such a doctor based on a recommendation from a general practitioner. An internist is more specialized compared to a general practitioner and treats the person as a whole, not solely focusing on the internal organs themselves.
Internal medicine at Canadian Medical
We provide a broad range of internal examinations to our clients:
- Diagnosis and treatment of internal organ diseases
- Comprehensive physical examination and assessment of risk factors
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of metabolic disorders (lipid metabolism, diabetes)
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases (hypertension, ischemic heart disease and others)
- Preoperative examination
- Comprehensive preventive physical examination