Surgery is an essential medical speciality that treats mainly by mechanical acts with the help of hands, tools or devices during operations. Its focus is the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of surgical cases.
An essential part of surgery is general surgery which is complemented by a number of specialities. These are, among others, thoracic surgery, trauma surgery, vascular surgery, paediatric surgery, cardiac surgery.
A surgical procedure is sometimes the only way to treat and is sometimes part of a complex therapy. Even many diseases which typically are solved by a traditional treatment may reach the stage of development, or in the case of complications, when it is necessary to start a surgical procedure.
Surgical procedures at Canadian Medical
- Treatment of open and closed injuries (sutures, treatment of sprains, etc.)
- Treatment of inflammatory diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (abscesses, pustules, inflammations)
- Treatment of ingrown nails etc.
- Treatment of chronic wounds (leg ulcers etc.) by the method of wet healing
- Examination for abdominal pain, bowel movement impairment
- Treatment of attached foreskin in pediatric patients
- Removal of skin leasions, birthmarks, etc.
- Removing (exstirpation) of subcutaneous tumors, cysts (lipomas, atheromas)
- Ganglion Removal
- Surgical treatment of scars
- carpal tunnel surgery
Procedures under general anesthesia (one-day surgery department at Waltrovka clinic)
- Laparoscopic operations of the inguinal, umbilical and postoperative hernia
- Laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder
- Laparoscopic surgery for chronic inflammation of the appendix
- Operation of large lipomas and so on.
- Proctological procedures
- Investigation and treatment of benign anal diseases - hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas