CM is re-opening clinic AVIATICA in June 2018, where the new Center of Special Care for Children takes place.
Our specialized neonatology practice provides comprehensive medical care for newborns covering all risk situations that can occur throughout pregnancy (prenatal), with relation to the delivery itself (perinatal) as well as the subsequent period following delivery (postnatal). Such children require a large amount of individualized, multidisciplinary care sometimes accompanied by a long-term approach with a customized treatment plan.
Children with perinatal stress include:
- Prematurely babies born prior to the 35th week of gestation
- Newborns with low birth weight - newborns with hypotrophy (FGR)
- Children who experience perinatal or postnatal infections
- Newborns with a pathological problem identified during an ultrasound examination of the central nervous system
- Children diagnosed with perinatal asphyxia
- Newborns with birth trauma (paralysis of the peripheral nerves of the upper limbs, facial nerve or fractures)
- Newborns with hyperbilirubinemia (requiring exchange transfusions)
- Newborns following a C-section birth as a result of various indications (fetal hypoxia, placental abruption, CTG - pathological monitor)
- Newborns born from multiple pregnancies
- Identical or fraternal twins with TTTs syndrome
- Newborns that underwent a procedure during the prenatal period
- Newborns with congenital developmental defects (orthopedic defects, pes equinovarus)
- Newborns with genetic defects and syndromes (Down syndrome)
Regular comprehensive care for these children involves monitoring the child in the early phases of development using somatic examinations, assessing the growth as well as general well-being, nutrition and psychomotor development. Detecting any deviations in time allows for a timely start of intervention programs in cooperation with other specialists.
Basic care at the practice is guaranteed by a pediatrician with a specialization in neonatology and physiotherapy with further qualification in treating premature babies. This person also has considerable experience with the Vojta Method (reflex locomotion therapy), the Bobath Concept and other suitable rehabilitation methods.
Following mutual agreement, the neonatology practice also cooperates closely with a wide range of other medical specialists. These professionals are most commonly involved:
- Neurologist with a specialization in developmental neurology
- Psychologist, family therapist
- Nutritionist, nutrition therapist
- Speech therapist
A wider spectrum of medical care offered to newborns with perinatal stress may also include the following specialists:
- ENT specialist
- Eye specialist
- Pediatric surgeon
Medical care is provided using the Basic plan which usually contains the following:
- An entry examination one month following release from the hospital: somatic examination, assessment of nutrition and general well-being, psychosomatic development and hearing examinations
- Further examinations are established based on individual needs (examinations recommended in three month intervals)
- In cases of long-term medication usage, blood tests to assess anemia or osteopenia of prematurely born babies, iron intake substitution and vitamin therapy
- Recommendations to ensure examinations at specialized practices - follow up with specialists at CM based on the individual needs of the child in question
- Coordination of multidisciplinary medical care services