MUDr. Richard Brzezny, Ph.D.
- 2008 Successfully defended doctoral dissertation in the field of neuroscience
- 1994-2000 Masters degree in General Medicine, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Czech Republic
- 2015 Licensed in neurosonology
- 2009 Specialized qualification in neurology
- 2015 Course – Acute neurology and intense care in neurology
- 2013 Written board exam in neurosurgery
- 2012 Professional internship – Electromyography
- 2011 Special internship – Duplex neurosonography
- 2008 Professional internship – Issues with invoked potentials
Overview of internships:
- 2003, 2002, 2000 Zentrum für Sensomotorik, Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik Klinikum der Universität München
- 2000 The King’s College Hospital, Neuroscience Dept., London, UK
- 1998 Department of Medicine, University of Turku, Finland
- 1997 Internship, the Guy’s and St. Thomas’s Medical and Dental School, London, UK
- 2014 – now Stroke Center Director and Head of the Stroke Unit, Regional Hospital Kladno
- 2009 - 2013 Secondary doctor, Department of Neurosurgery – Charles University, 3rd Faculty of Medicine and Královské Vinohrady University Hospital
- 2005-2009 Secondary doctor, Department of Neurosurgery, Motol University Hospital
- 2004-2005 Secondary doctor, Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik Klinikum der Universität München
- 2000-2004 Secondary doctor, Neurology Department for Adults, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and Motol University Hospital
- General neurology.
- Neurosonology, complex examination of the cerebrovascular system.
- Cerebrovascular care, caring for patients at risk of a stroke and for those following a stroke.
- Neurotraumatology with a focus on intracranial hemorrhages, peripheral nerve injuries, brachial plexus and post-traumatic conditions.
- Dizziness - comprehensive care for patients suffering from dizziness.
- Outpatient neurosurgical care.
- Lesions of the spine and spinal cord.
Membership in professional societies:
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Czech Neurosurgical Society - Czech Medical Association of J.E. Purkyně (ČLS –JEP)
- Czech Neurological Society - Czech Medical Association of J.E. Purkyně (ČLS –JEP)
- Czech Medical Chamber