MUDr. Barbara Taušová, MBA
Medical Director and Chief physician of pediatrics
I specialize in medical care for children from birth to adolescence.
As an active member of the international medical community, I am able to keep my finger on the pulse of cutting edge developments and significant breakthroughs in the field, bringing world class acumen to Canadian Medical.
At the Canadian Medical, we are family and our success is built upon the relationships we build with our patients, and their families.
- Faculty of paediatrics, Masaryk University, Brno
- 1989 - First-degree certification in paediatrics
- 2010 - MBA - Auburn University - AHCM Čelákovice
- Professional competence in the field of general practice for children and adolescents
- License for independent practice
- License to perform the function of a professional representative
Experience, internships and attended congresses:
- 1987–1992 - paediatrician, Institute for Mother and Child Care in Prague
- 1995–1998 - pediatric consultant Canadian Medical Center, Prague
- Part of the Med-Emerg International Group in Mississauga, Ontario
- 1998 - founder and executive - Canadian Medical Care, s.r.o.
- 2000 - 2020 - school doctor in international schools in Prague
- 1995 - 1998 internship in paediatric practice of Dr. Eschenbacher, Nuremberg, Germany
- 2007, 2008 - Visit to the Mayo Clinic, USA
- 2014 – now - Head of EUC Executive board
- 2015 Tel Aviv, Israel - visit to Shriners Hospital for Children
- 2017 Cleveland Clinic Ohio, USA Course Executive Visitor’s Program
- 2017 Chicago, USA - American Academy of Paediatrics Annual Conference
- 2017 Montreal, Toronto, Canada - Visit to Private Clinics and Sick Children Hospital, Toronto
- 2018 Health Care Business International, London UK
- 2018 International Health Summit, Prague
Membership in Professional Associations:
- Association of general practitioners for children and adolescents
- Czech Paediatric Society J.E. Purkyně
- Czech Neonatology Society
04. 01. 2018 Approaches to Childcare
While professionally, health care in the Czech Republic is truly on a very high level, the approach towards patients still lacks in comparison. Sometimes, these drawbacks may appear relatively insignificant, but in the end, an improvement would benefit both the patient and the doctor. The approach towards children is a good example of this.
08. 02. 2018 How can you recognize and treat laryngitis?
Laryngitis is one of the many illnesses that parents fear because the progress can appear to be very frightening. Fortunately however, the disease itself is not actually dangerous for the child. Despite this fact, it is good to prevent it or to do our best to ease its symptoms.
Some children are prone to suffer from a summer sore throat while others are only affected by it once every couple of years. Sore throat pastilles or a compress can ease the pain, but sometimes antibiotics are required instead. Therefore, when the condition worsens and a fever is present, it is definitely best to visit a pediatrician.
18. 11. 2019 Antibiotics and Children
Antibiotics are one of the biggest inventions of modern medicine. Their excessive use is starting to cause more and more problems. Our pediatrician, MUDr. Barbara Taušová answers questions about the various types of complications associated with the use of antibiotics and ways of approaching treatment using these medications.