MUDr. Barbara Taušová, MBA
Medical Director and Chief physician of pediatrics
I specialize in medical care for children from birth to adolescence.
As an active member of the international medical community, I am able to keep my finger on the pulse of cutting edge developments and significant breakthroughs in the field, bringing world class acumen to Canadian Medical.
At the Canadian Medical, we are family and our success is built upon the relationships we build with our patients, and their families.
- 1975–1980 Secondary School Berlin, Germany, leaving examination in German
- 1980–1986 Masaryk University Medical School, Brno graduation MUDr.
- 1988–1989 Certification in Pediatrics
- 2008–2010 MBA in Healthcare, CMC Graduate School of Bussiness
- 1997–1998 Scientific seminars „Allergic Diseases of Childhood“
- 1998–2013 Various seminars, workshops and conferences organised by University hospitals, scientific societies and pharma companies
- 2000–2012 Yearly attendance on The American Academy of Pediatrics Annual Conference and Exhibition
- 2000, 2005 APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Course, USA
- 2001–2003 Attendance on The Annual Conference of Canadian Pediatric Society in Montreal, Canada
- 2000–2009 Short term internship in hospitals in USA (Mayo Clinic Rochester), Canada (Hospital for Sick Children Toronto) Israel (Schneider Hospital Tel Aviv), Pediatric outpatient Clinic Dr. Eschenbacher Nuernberg
- 2013 Training in psychosomatic Medicine, Liberec, Czech Republic
- 2013 Essentials in Primary Care, Hawks Cay, Florida, USA
- 2014 Deutsches Zentrum fuer Kinder und Jugend Revmatologie Garmisch, Jahresseminar
- 1986 – Pediatrician, Children’s University Hospital Brno,
- 1987–1992 – Pediatrician – Institute for care of Mother and Child, Prague
– Neonatal ward
– Independent shifts in NICU, written appreciation from the Institute – Director
- 1993 – to date – Community pediatrician, Dětská ambulance
– Founder and developer of one of the first private medical outpatient offices in Prague
– Introduction of new methods in community pediatrics
- 1995–1998 – Pediatrician consultant in Canadian Medical Centre, Prague
– Consultation in pediatrics, cooperation with Canadian Doctors and the Headquarter of Med Emerg, Missisuaga, Ontario
- 1998 – to date – Medical Director, Pediatrician – Canadian Medical Care, spol.s r. o.
– Health Care Management in one of the leading outpatient clinics in Czech republic
– Responsible for Quality in Healthcare, 70 full and part time doctors
– Part time community pediatrician
- 2000 – to date – School doctor The English International School Prague
– Health care provider and consultant for students and staff
– Cooperation with the school main office in England
– Relationship with local authorities
- 2014 – Member of Board Euroclinicum Group
- Membership in Scientific Organisations: Czech Medical Chamber, Pediatric Society, Czech Neonatology Society, American Academy of Pediatrics, Canadian Pediatric Society
Scientific, publishing and teaching activities:
- Health education for the international community in Prague, seminars, courses
- 2nd Annual Hospital Management Conference, 2011, Prague, speaker
- 4th Annual Hospital Management Conference 2013, Prague, speaker
- Awards: 2003, 2006 LADY PRO by Comenius, The Pan–European Society for Culture, Education and Scientific & Technical Cooperation
18. 11. 2019 Antibiotics and Children
Antibiotics are one of the biggest inventions of modern medicine. Their excessive use is starting to cause more and more problems. Our pediatrician, MUDr. Barbara Taušová answers questions about the various types of complications associated with the use of antibiotics and ways of approaching treatment using these medications.
08. 02. 2018 How can you recognize and treat laryngitis?
Laryngitis is one of the many illnesses that parents fear because the progress can appear to be very frightening. Fortunately however, the disease itself is not actually dangerous for the child. Despite this fact, it is good to prevent it or to do our best to ease its symptoms.
04. 01. 2018 Approaches to Childcare
While professionally, health care in the Czech Republic is truly on a very high level, the approach towards patients still lacks in comparison. Sometimes, these drawbacks may appear relatively insignificant, but in the end, an improvement would benefit both the patient and the doctor. The approach towards children is a good example of this.
Some children are prone to suffer from a summer sore throat while others are only affected by it once every couple of years. Sore throat pastilles or a compress can ease the pain, but sometimes antibiotics are required instead. Therefore, when the condition worsens and a fever is present, it is definitely best to visit a pediatrician.