General Practice is an integrated medical discipline in which a generally oriented physician provides personal, primary and ongoing health care to a patient and his/her family.
Internal Medicine is one of the fundamental disciplines of clinical medicine. It deals with diagnosis and the mainly non-surgical treatment of diseases of the internal organs in adults.
Nephrology is the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of kidney disease, kidney transplantation and dialysis.
Education, internships, conferences:
- Comenius University, Faculty of Medicine, Bratislava, Slovakia, 1988–1994
- Internal Medicine, Institute of Postgraduate Education, Prague (including licence of the Czech Medical Chamber No. 48139/79),
- General Medicine, Institute of Postgraduate Education, Prague (including licence of the Czech Medical Chamber No. 47111/79),
- Nephrology, Institute of Postgraduate Education, Prague (including licence of the Czech Medical Chamber No. 52518/79 and licence No. 54485/79).
- Salzburg Cornell Seminar – cardiology (Salzburg, 1995)
- Winter school of Nephrology, Postgraduate Training Course, Nephrology, European Renal Association, (January 2001, 2002, 2003)
- Internship at Nephrology Clinic, Transplant Centre, Würzburg University Hospital, Germany, (September-November 2002)
- International Course on Peritoneal Dialysis, Vicenza, Italy (May 2003)
- Regular participation at conferences of the Czech Phrenology Society, and ERA-EDTA (European Renal Association) and ISPD (International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis) conferences.
- Regular participate in educational events organised by the General Practice Society ČLS-JEP (Jan Evangelista Purkyně Czech Medical Society) and ČLK (Czech Medical Chamber).
- 1994–1995 – Šahy Hospital and Polyclinic, Slovak Republic
- 1995–2000 – Mělník Hospital and Polyclinic
- 2000–2005 – Nephrology Clinic, Transplant Centre, Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, IKEM, Prague
- 2005–2010 – Unicare Medical Center, Prague
- 2005 – to date – Haemodialysis Department, Renart, s. r. o., Litoměřice
- 1. 8. 2010 – to date – Canadian Medical Care, Prague
- Regular active participation in educational events – Postgraduate Training Course, Nephrology, European Renal Association (2001, 2002, 2003)
- Numerous presentations at educational IKEM events during work at the IKEM Nephrology Clinic
Scientific and publishing activities (selection):
- Unusual manifestations of tuberculosis after renal transplantation. Internal Medicine, 49, 2003
- Recurrence of sarcoidosis in renal allograft during pregnancy. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, Oxford, 2004
- Foreign travel and how to make your holidays abroad as safe as possible, IWAP 05/2005
- Human Influenza and Avian Flu: Fact and Fiction, IWAP 01/2006
Membership in professional associations:
- Czech Medical Chamber (ČLK)
- ČLS JEP General Practice Society
- Czech Nephrology Society (ČNS)
- Czech Hypertension Society
- ERA-EDTA (European Renal Association – European Dialysis and Transplant Association)