Education, internships, conferences:
- 1991–1997– Charles University 1st medical faculty, Prague
- 1997–2003 – postgraduate biomedicine studies at Charles University 1st medical faculty in Prague in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- 2000 –TOEFL international English exam
- 2000 – 1st level certificate in ophthalmology, IPVZ Prague
- 2003 – defence of thesis and obtaining of Ph.D.
- 2004 – Czech Medical Chamber licences for the exercise of an independent practice, for work as a professional representative, and for the provision of consultancy services in the field of ophthalmology
- 2004 – specialised physician competence (2nd certificate) in ophthalmology, Czech Medical Chamber, Prague
- 2008 – habilitation management at Charles University 1st Medical Faculity in Prague, appointed associate professor in ophthalmology
- 2002 – Eye clinic in Rotterdam, Erasmus Medical Center (16.–20. 9. 2002)
- 2012 – Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, Uveitis and Medical Retina Clinic (23 . 4. –18. 5. 2012)
Regular active participation in many Czech and international conferences (CVRS, IOIS, Word Ophthalmology Congress etc.) – more than 100 lectures.
Czech Vitreoretinal Society prize for the best lecture by an author under 35 in 2005 - Svozílková, P. et al.: The importance of PPV in the differential diagnosis of benign masking syndromes.
Member of the organizing committee and coordinator of the Czech Ophthalmological Society event called Uveitis Day held every two years in Pruhonice.
- 1997 – to date – Eye Clinic, General University Hospital and Charles University 1st Medical Faculty in Prague, medical specialist since 2000, associate professor since 2008
- 2001–2010 – Pharmacology Institute, Charles University 1st Medical Faculty in Prague, professional assistant since 2002
- 2008 – to date – Canadian Medical Care
Teaching and educational activities:
- 1999 – to date – teaching ophthalmology to Czech and English students of the Charles University 1st Medical Faculty in Prague
- 2001–2010 – teaching pharmacology to students of the Charles University 1st Medical Faculty in Prague
- 2004 – to date – student supervisor of postgraduate biomedical studies (pharmacology and toxicology subject board) at the Charles University 1st Medical Faculty in Prague
- 2005 – to date – participation in further physician training on the issue of uveitis organized by the Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education
Scientific and publishing activities:
- Author of monograph:
Říhová et al. Uveitis. Prague: Grada Publishing, 2009. (13 chapters)
- Co-author of 4 monographs:
– Fait, T. – Vrablík, M. – Češka, R. Preventative Medicine. Maxdorf, 2008. (1 chapter)
The monograph awarded first prize in 2008 in the category Best Published Book in the Field of Internal Medicine. The monograph was also awarded the ČLS JEP presidency prize for 2008.
– Lincová, D. – Farghali, H. et al. Basic and applied pharmacology. Galén, 2007. (1 chapter)
– Kuchynka, P. et al. Ophthalmology. Prague: Grada Publishing, 2007. (3 chapters)
– Diblík, P. – Kalvodová, B. – Růžičková, E. et al. Ophthalmology in case reports. Triton, 2007. (3 chapters)
- Author of 9 publications in specialist foreign impact journals.
- Author and co-author of 18 professional publications in Czech periodicals.
- Svozílková, P., Heissigerová, J., Brichová, M., Kalvodová, B., Dvořák, J., Říhová, E.: A coincidence of cytomegalovirus retinitis and intraocular lymphoma in a patient with systemic non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Virology Journal 2013, 10: 18.
- Svozílková, P., Heissigerová, J., Brichová, M., Kalvodová, B., Dvořák, J., Říhová, E.: The role of pars plana vitrectomy in the diagnosis and treatment of uveitis. European Journal of Ophthalmology 2011, 21: 89-97.
- Bysterská, P., Svozílková, P., Farghali, H.: The effect of certain immunosuppressants on non-specific immunity cells in murine corneal grafts: study on early phases after transplantation. Physiological Research 2007, 56: 603-610.
- Svozílková, P., Bysterská, P., Mašek, K., Valenta, Z., Zvárová, J., Farghali, H.: Comparison of FK 506, mycophenolate mofetil and aminoguanidine effects on delay of corneal allograft rejection in an experimental model of low-risk and high-risk keratoplasty. Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology 2006, 28 (2): 335–340.
- Svozílková, P., Říhová, E., Diblík, P., Kuthan, P., Kovařík, Z., Kalvodová, B.: Varicella zoster virus acute retinal necrosis following eye contusion: case report. Virology Journal 2005, 2: 77.
- The work with the title “FK 506 and aminoguanidine suppress iNOS induction in orthotopic corneal allografts and prolong graft survival in mice” published in the journal Nitric Oxide: Biology and Chemistry was awarded first prize by the Czech Society for Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, J. E. Purkyně Czech Medical Society, in 2003 in the competition for the best publication in the category: author under 35 years of age.
- The editorial board of the journal Czech and Slovak Ophthalmology awarded her first place for her work published in 2006 “Treatment of chronic postoperative endophthalmitis”. She was thrice awarded second place for work published in 2008, 2009 and 2011.
- Guarantor of project GA UK 910/154250045-295211: An experimental autoimmune uveitis model - a study of the pathophysiological mechanisms of intraocular inflammation and how to influence them (2011–2013).
- The main researcher 2003–2006 for the project GA ČR 305/03/D130: Effector mechanisms of the immunological rejection of allograft corneal transplants and how to influence them.
- A co-researched in recent years on two IGA MZ projects (NL 7418-3 and NI 7531-3), the GA ČR 305/03/2425 project and research project VZ MSM 111100005.
- Currently a reviewer for the development of review assessments for the Internal Grant Agency of the Ministry of Health, Czech Republic.
Clinical study researcher:
- Clinical study for the company Allergan: Posurdex Protocol 206207-014-04 (Dexamethasone Posterior Segment Drug Delivery System – DEX PS DDS Applicator System). Intermediate or Posterior Uveitis (2007–2010).
- Clinical study for the company Lux Biosciences, Inc.: A Multi-Center, Double-Masked, Parallel-Group, Placebo-Controlled Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Voclosporin as Therapy in Subjects with Active Noninfectious Uveitis Involving the Intermediate and/or Posterior Segments of the Eye. Protocol LX211-11 (2012).
Membership in professional associations:
- J. E. Purkyně Czech Medical Society
- Czech Ophthalmological Society
- Czech Society for Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Czech Contactolological Society
- Czech Vitreoretinal Society
- European Association for Vision and Eye Research
- The Association for Research in Vision and Opthalmology