I am interested in family medicine – taking care of both adults and children whether it involves acute medical care or long-term care. I alternate between working in the UK and the Czech Republic. Further, I provide lectures in general medicine as well as anatomy at the First Faculty of Medicine at Charles University, Prague. This activity allows me to combine my practical medical experience with my current embryology studies.
- 1994–2000 – Graduated in General Medicine, First Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague
- 2000–2005 – Doctoral study in Biomedicine, First Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, specialization in developmental biology. PhD – Thesis: Pelvic Outlet Musculature: Origin, Development and Gene Expression, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- 2011 Associate Professor in Anatomy – Thesis: The development of limb girdles, First Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 2016 - present General Practitioner, Canadian Medical Centre, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 2015 - present Locum General Practitioner, Out-of-hour General Practitioner and Accident & Emergency doctor, Crewe and Northwich, UK.
- 2013 - 2015 GP Registrar, Northwich, UK.
- 2011 - 2013 Three-six months hospital posts for Foundation and GP training: Acute medicine, Care of the elderly, ENT, Surgery, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Accident & Emergency, Reading and Crewe, UK.
- 2006 - 2011 Locum Senior House Officer for Accident and Emergency, King’s College Hospital, London and from 2009 also in Reading.
- 2004 - 2006 Three-six months hospital posts for Foundation training: Accident & Emergency, Medicine (respiratory + strokes), Surgery (urology + gastroenterology), London and Brighton.
- 2001 - 2004, 2006 - 2011 Wellcome Trust Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow. University of London, University of Reading,UK.
- 2001 - 2011 Resident member of Wytham Hall - residential sickbay for the homeless in London.
Publications and selected lecture activities:
- Institute of Anatomy of the First Medical Faculty, Charles University
- Institute of General Practice of the First Medical Faculty, Charles University
- Author of 17 scientific papers, 1 review, 1 textbook chapter
Membership in professional societies:
- Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Czech Anatomical Society (ČAS)