- Graduated from the Faculty of Paediatric Medicine in Prague.
- After graduation worked at a paediatric clinic in Pilsen and from 1968 in Prague.
- Completed a series of study visits to foreign clinics focusing on paediatric gastroenterology in Sweden, Belgium and Germany, particularly Heidelberg and Hanover.
- Lectures Czech and foreign students in gastroenterology and hepatology issues at the Charles University 2nd Medical Faculty in Prague.
- Lectures Czech and foreign graduate students in preparatory courses for candidates for examination certificates in gastroenterology and in refresher courses organized by the Czech Medical Chamber.
- Similarly lectures on issues of nutrition in health and illness.
- Is the author of the monographs “Liver Disease in Childhood” and “Nutrition in Childhood”.
- Is the author of numerous chapters on paediatric gastroenterology several other monographs and textbooks.
- Is the author and co-author of more than 180 articles in Czech and foreign journals and was the researcher and co-researcher for several grants.
Membership in professional associations:
- Member European Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition /ESPGHAN/
- Member Gesellschaft für pädiatrische Gastroenterologie und Ernährung
- Member European Crohn´s and Colitis Organisation
- Member Czech Paediatric Society
- Member Czech Hepatology Society
- Member Czech Gastroenterology Society
- President of the European Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition convention in 2003, which took place in Prague.
- was chairman for several years and is now a committee member of the Working Group for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at the Czech Paediatric Society.
- is Chairman of the Society for Probiotics and Prebiotics, a member of the editorial board for the journal Postgraduate Medicine, and is Chairman of the Accreditation Commission for Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology.