Education, internships, conferences:
- 1985–1991 – Charles University 2nd Medical Faculty, Prague
- 1996 – Diabetology course for general practitioners, IPVZ Prague
- 1997 – Certificate and licence in general practice, Prague
- 1998 – Medical validation, Taiwan
- 1999–2000 – Infection disease course, University of Hong Kong
- 2000–2001 – Health economics course, a year-long distance course, University of Aberdeen
- 2002 – Chartered member, MFMPH, Faculty of Public Health Medicine of the Royal Colleges of Physicians, U. K.
- 2002 – Clinical ethics course, University of Hong Kong
- 2003 – International informatics in medicine conference, Hong Kong
- 2004 –WCRF conference: Cancer Prevention
- 2006–2012 – annual participation in general practitioners’ convention, practical medicine, primary care conventions and other seminars
- 1992–1993 – Department of Cardiac Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taiwan, scientific activities
- 1993–1994 – Department of Internal Medicine, General University Hospital, Prague, resident
- 1994–1995 – Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taiwan, resident
- 1995–1997 – General Practice, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Medicine, resident
- 1998–2003 – general practitioner, seasonable practice in a general practitioner’s surgery, Prague
- 1999–2004 – Department of General Practice and Public Health, University of Hong Kong, Professor’s Assistant
- 2004 – to date – Canadian Medical Care, general practitioner
- 2003 – 10th international cancer convention, Hong Kong. Study presentation: The effectiveness of cervical cancer screening in Hong Kong.
Scientific and publishing activities:
- Study co-author: The effectiveness of cervical cancer screening in Hong Kong. Medical Care 2004; 42:600-609
- Co-author of video teaching material “Snow on Cholera” for postgraduate Master of Public Health studies, University of Hong Kong
- Co-author of teaching programme for postgraduate Master of Public Health studies, Principles of Public Health, University of Hong Kong
Membership in professional associations:
- Member J. E. Purkyně Medical Society
- Member Association of General Practitioners
- Chartered member, MFMPH, Faculty of Public Health Medicine of the Royal Colleges of Physicians, U. K.
- Member General Medical Council, U. K.