Vaccines for chronically ill and high-risk patients under the age of 70.Article
24. 03. 2021
Starting from the 24th of March, people under the age of 70 that suffer from a chronic illness or a medical condition that puts them in the high risk category for Covid-19 are entitled to get vaccinated after undergoing an outpatient health assessment. The list of conditions that make you eligible for the vaccine can be found here.
How to register for the vaccine
- an outpatient specialist will assess the patient's medical condition or illness that puts them at higher risk of covid 19. The patient will receive a unique code which can be used on the website of the Ministry of Health to apply for a vaccination slot: https://crs.mzcr.cz. You can also find further information about the registration process on their webpage.
- in the application form, the patient should tick the box “person with a chronic disease" and select the preferred vaccination site. If possible, it is advisable to choose the vaccination site recommended by the outpatient specialist.
- the patient should bring their identity card and a medical report confirming their state of health to the vaccination centre. It does not have to be newly issued by an outpatient specialist, the one from the last visit will suffice. Without this message, vaccination will not be possible at the vaccination site.
- the code is intended only for the given patient, it must not be passed on or communicated to any other person. Unauthorised handling of the code, including its publication or provision to an unauthorised person, may be punishable by law.
- By prioritising the vaccinating the most vulnerable of the population, we are aiding in creating a more effective herd-immunity, but also bringing more stability to the health care service providers in the Czech Republic.