CORONAVIRUS: Current questions and answers, measures taken, information on testingArticle
24. 03. 2021
VACCINATION AGAINST COVID-19 AT CANADIAN MEDICAL
Vaccination against COVID-19 is being carried out at Canadian Medical in accordance with prioritisation and all methodologies established by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic (MHCR).
We only vaccinate citizens who have Czech public health insurance.
From 14 April 2021, persons over the age of 65+ can register for vaccination via the MHCR portal at https://registrace.mzcr.cz. Alternatively, you can wait to speak by telephone with an employee of the vaccination centre, who will contact Canadian Medical clients and assist them with registering in the MHCR system.
If for any reason you are unable to complete your registration in the MHCR’s Central Reservation System, please call 1221.
Starting from the 24th of March, people under the age of 70 that suffer from a chronic illness or a medical condition that puts them in the high risk category for Covid-19 are entitled to get vaccinated after undergoing an outpatient health assessment. More information HERE.
Vaccination of Canadian Medical clients against COVID-19 is being carried out only at the vaccination centre, which you can find in Prague at Evropská 859/115a (AFI building), ground floor, entrance A.
From 10 March 2021 the Canadian Medical Vaccination information line is available to clients: (+420)272 913 601, which is available Mon - Fri 8:00 - 16:30.
Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca will be administered.
Although immunisation against COVID-19 is now available in the Czech Republic, the vaccines are currently only being administered in designated vaccination centres. Unfortunately, as of yet, we do not know when the vaccines will be available at our clinics, however, we would like to assure you that we are continuously monitoring the situation in cooperation with the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic. Information about the availability of the vaccine and the conditions for its administration will be available on our website as soon as practicable.
For more information click here.
Dear Clients, we regret to inform you that the exact date of availability of the COVID-19 vaccine is not currently known, nor have any conditions for vaccination of clients been precisely determined. We are continuously monitoring the situation around the development and availability of the vaccine for the Czech market.
We apologise for the fact that, due to the current epidemiological situation, the period for making appointments may be longer in the case of some of our doctors and specialisations. Please see our website for up-to-date information.
If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness, stay home and contact your doctor.
- Actual Q&A on COVID-19 is available HERE.
- You can arrange COVID tests at our sample collection points online HERE.
We test for COVID-19 and its antibodies
ELISA TEST - TEST FOR PRESENCE OF ANTIBODIES
The test is suitable for:
- Those who want to find out whether they have antibodies against COVID-19
- Those who have had symptoms more than a week ago, and want to check if they have had COVID-19
- Those who have recovered from COVID-19 and want to test their level of antibodies
- Testing at this price applies to EUC laboratories and EUC clinics.
PRICE: 1500 CZK
Results are available the following day.
PCR TEST FOR THE PRESENCE OF COVID-19 - NOSOPHARYNGEAL SWAB
We would like to inform you that we currently have a longer waiting time for the testing. Results are available within 48 hours.
- 1 540 Kč (result within 48 hours - without certificate)
- 1 740 Kč (result within 48 hours - including a medical certificate)
- 1 750 Kč (result within 24 hours - without certificate)
- 1 950 Kč (result within 24 hours - including a medical certificate)
- 3 000 Kč (urgent result within 12 hours - including a medical certificate)
- 4 000 Kč (express result within 6 hours - including a medical certificate)
Antigen testing for the presence of the antigen of the SARS-CoV-2 virus using POC antigen tests. A sample is collected via a nasopharyngeal smear. Results are known within approx. 30 minutes.
Appointment booking: https://rezervace.euclaboratore.cz/
In the case that the EUC Laboratories testing sites are at full capacity, please visit the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic website for a full list of testing sites around the Czech Republic and their up-to-date capacity.
Free of charge for Czech national insurance holders.
Frequency: once every 3 days
Asymptomatic patients who receive a positive antigen test, will be required to undergo a PCR test. The result should be available within 48 hours. The patient is not required to pay. Patients who present with the common symptoms of the disease and who receive a positive antigen test, will be required to go into 10 days of isolation and their test result will be forwarded to the Regional Hygiene Station.
It is recommended for those who:
- More than 90 days have elapsed since a confirmed positive RT-PCR test
- More than 3 days (72 hours) have elapsed since the last POC negative antigen test
It is not recommended for those who:
- Have had a POC antigen test in the last 3 days
- Have had a RT-PCR test in the last 90 days with a positive result
- Are in isolation/quarantine
In the case of a positive PCR test, the client is required to contact their general practitioner or the Regional Hygiene Station. The doctor will record the necessary information in their medical documents and talk the client through the next steps.
When and where can I get tested?
- Prague 2, Palackého 5, blood specimen collection site, EUC Lab,
- Prague 1, Senovážní nám. 22, blood specimen collection site , EUC Lab,
- Prague 10, Plaňanská 573/1, blood specimen collection site, EUC Clinic -ground floor,
- Prague 11, Opatovská 1763/11, blood specimen collection site, EUC Clinic - 1. floor,
- Prague 11, Šustova 1930/2, blood specimen collection site, EUC Clinic - 1. floor,
- Prague 5, Kartouzská 204/6, blood specimen collection site, EUC Clinic, building A -ground floor,
- Prague 6, Kamýcký 1077, blood specimen collection site, EUC Lab,
- Prague 6, Bechyňova 3, blood specimen collection site, EUC Lab,
- Prague 7, Františka Křížka 683/22, blood specimen collection site, EUC Lab,
- Prague 8, Zenklova 1545/39, blood specimen collection site, EUC Lab,
PCR TEST AND ANTIGEN TESTING
- Prague 6, Veleslavínská 30/1, (EUC Lab), Mon - Fri 8:00 – 16:00, Sat: 8:00 - 12:00 - reservation
- Prague 5, Kartouzská 204/6 (EUC Clinic, building B, přízemí), Mon - Fri 8:00 - 13:00 - reservation
- Prague 11, Šustova 1930/2 (EUC Clinic, paid parking area), Mon - Fri 8:00 - 13:00 - reservation
- Prague 20 - Horní Počernice, Náchodská 754 (Local public library), Mon - Fri 8:00 - 13:00 - reservation